Due to an internal promotion, we are looking for a Legal Cashier.
The role is full-time – Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm.
Salary £25,000 to £28,000 depending on how much further training will be required.
Based in our office in central Welwyn Garden City.
This role does not include remote working.
25 days holiday. Company Worksave pension scheme.
As the Legal Cashier your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting our Accounts Manager to run the accounts in a secure manner according to standard Accounting Principles and always adhering to the Solicitors’ Accounts Rules and practices. For example:
- Daily Bank Reconciliations.
- Processing payments and receipts using online banking, but also cheques and credit/debit cards, direct debits and standing orders.
- Checking and issuing bills to our clients that have been raised by our lawyers.
- Chasing outstanding bills.
- The use and control of the different office and client bank accounts.
- Assisting our Office Manager with wider office responsibilities. For example:
- Making applications for accreditations such as the Conveyancing Quality Scheme and the Wills and Inheritance Quality Scheme.
- Running Disclosure and Barring Service checks and Right to Work checks for new staff.
- Extracting reports and data from our systems for presentation to our partners, staff and clients.
You must have at least two years’ experience in an accounts office that enables you to quickly undertake the tasks in 1. above.
We expect all our staff to be honest and show respect to their colleagues and to our clients and contacts.
You will need to be hard working, tidy and organised.
The role involves working independently and in a team.
Good communication skills.
Familiar with Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel and Outlook.
Desirable skills and experience:
You may have worked in a legal accounts environment before and have knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules.
Familiarity with dealing with Legal Aid case funding.
An accounting qualification such as AAT3 or ILFM Diploma.
In the right circumstances the firm may help with time off and fees for related study.
Experience of legal case management / accounts software.
Familiarity with Anti Money Laundering regulations and Cybercrime Prevention.
How to apply:
Please send a copy of your CV, and a short covering letter that explains why you would be suitable to:
Alistair Williams, Office Manager. firstname.lastname@example.org
Crane & Staples LLP
Welwyn Garden City
Postal or Email applications are acceptable.