As a landlord you will have invested a significant sum in your property and therefore to protect your investment it is important to take care when granting leases to occupiers. Ensuring that all important matters are covered at the outset will avoid disputes and maximise the return from the property.
Things to consider may include:-
- If there are common parts, shared entrances or roadways it is important to consider who is responsible for repairing and contributing to maintenance.
- If you wish to consider incorporating a rent review provision then it is important to consider the mechanism for review.
- Do you want to restrict or control the use of the premises by the tenant and the ability of the tenant to make change or alterations to the property?
- Are you prepared to give the tenant the right to renew the lease when the lease term comes to an end?
- If you are to maintain the buildings insurance are you expecting the tenant to reimburse the premium?
We have expertise in dealing with all types of commercial lease documents and can advise you on the best way of achieving your aim. We also work closely with your appointed surveyor or agent to ensure that the letting process runs as smoothly as possible.
We are happy to provide an initial no obligation discussion and therefore should you require any more information please get in touch.