I joined Crane & Staples Solicitors in November 2016 as an Associate Solicitor and was promoted to Senior Associate Solicitor in April 2018.
I specialise in Private Client law and have been practicing this area since October 2011.
I act in a broad range of matters, which include:
- Lifetime succession and estate planning, including advice on the mitigation of Inheritance Tax;
- Administration of estates of all sizes and complexities;
- Creation and administration of trusts;
- Preparation and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney;
- Applications to the Court of Protection and other mental capacity issues;
- Advice on lifetime gifting; and
- Advice on Assents and Assignments of properties where beneficiaries are purchasing a property from a deceased’s estate.
I am a member of the Hertfordshire Law Society and an affiliate member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
I am currently studying for the STEP diploma for formal recognition as a leading professional in my area of Law.
I also serve as a committee member on the Herts, Beds and Bucks STEP Committee.
Outside the Office
Outside the office I enjoy dining out and spending time with family and friends.
Tahir from Crane and Staples helped our family after my father passed away due to covid. Tahir had to start from the very beginning as none of us had been through this process before, but he was able to explain the process and guide us easily through the various steps (including helping me with my role as executor, which was also new to me).
Throughout the process Tahir has kept us up to date, has given very clear instruction whenever we've needed to do something, and been responsive when we had questions or just wanted an update. Given the service, the costs seem very reasonable to me as well. You get what you pay for is definitely true here.