Work Placements and Internships
We regularly have opportunities for work placements/internships, or part-time work as a paralegal, assistant or administrator.
I have been working for Crane & Staples for a year now and the time has flown by! This was my first job in the legal sector, and I couldn’t have asked for a better start. Everyone is so kind and approachable, I have gained invaluable experience, and this has enabled me to progress more than I thought I could.
- Alex Baxter, Paralegal, Family Department
Work Placements for University Students
We welcome speculative CVs from law undergraduates, graduates, GDL and LPC students, or equivalent. If a position is not immediately available, these CVs are kept in case a suitable role does arise in the future.
We have a history of employing law students in administrative roles, who work part-time whilst continuing their legal studies. These students frequently go on to pursue legal careers and training with us, or with other reputable legal businesses. Some of our current trainees, solicitors, and even partners, started with us in this way. We are proud to nurture this ‘home-grown’ talent and see our employees develop their careers.
Our ideal candidate is a keen and ambitious student with a strong academic record. They will be interested in developing their legal careers and working with a highly regarded and well-established team of lawyers and support staff. They will show a passion for the law, particularly the areas of law that we practise, and a willingness to engage with and support the wider community.
Please send speculative CVs and cover letters to our Office Manager, Eleanor Brick – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure your CV includes:
- Details of academic qualifications including GCSEs, A Levels or equivalent;
- Your degree classification, LPC results or equivalent, including modules and grades achieved;
- If your degree classification is pending, your predicted degree classification as well as evidence of previous results and recent grades;
- If your LPC result is pending, your predicted grade as well as any exam results already received throughout the course.
Work Experience for School Students
Unfortunately we do not offer work experience to school or college students.
We only have limited resources to offer work experience and we have decided that we will offer the limited number of places to university Law degree students, rather than school students, because:
- undergraduates need the experience as part of their training regime
- they understand the matters they work with because of their studies
- clients can accept an undergraduate sitting in on a meeting but are less comfortable with a school student
- some of our cases can be upsetting e.g. child care matters
- undergraduates are more likely to work unsupervised
- it is an opportunity for us to spot undergraduates who may progress with the firm and gain a training contract
We are sorry that we cannot help school aged students with work experience.