Working With Us
We understand that working in law can be stressful and demanding, but is ultimately a highly rewarding career that, for many, is a dream job.
We recognise how passionate our staff are about helping their clients, developing their knowledge and upholding the rule of law. This is why we promote a workplace culture that helps our staff to learn, collaborate, succeed and, above all, love their jobs.
I have been working for Crane & Staples since 2007 – so that must tell you something! The Partners look after their staff and our wellbeing is of utmost importance to them. I feel extremely supported and have been given opportunities to progress and adapt my role over the years. Quite frankly I could never imagine working anywhere else.
Tracey Fenner, Senior Conveyancing Assistant
As a warm and friendly firm that serves a range of diverse clients from our local community, we put our team at the heart of everything we do. Investing in outstanding, enthusiastic, and ambitious people has ensured our success for over 80 years.
- Excellent IT systems: dual monitors, headphones, laptops, WFH solutions, latest versions of Microsoft Windows and Office, specialist case management systems and integrations.
- Two office kitchens with facilities including hot water urn, cold water dispenser, fridge, microwave, toaster and dishwasher.
- Frequent supply of treats including cakes and snacks to celebrate occasions or just because!
- Recruitment incentive fee of £500 for qualifying candidates who pass probation
- Ability to claim back 50% of parking fees if parking in the town centre
- Support for professional training and development
- Clear path for career progression
- Discounted legal fees
- Performance-based fee-earner bonus scheme
Health and Wellness
- Refunds on eye tests
- Enhanced maternity pay for qualifying staff
- Dedicated Wellness Partner
- Remote working and flexible working options for qualifying staff
- Annual leave allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays, to include 3 days over the Christmas period to allow for a Christmas closure from 24th December to 2nd January.
- Long service annual leave entitlement (extra day after 10 years’ service)
- Additional day off on your birthday (or day before/after if your birthday is on the weekend)
- Ad hoc staff social events such as theatre trips, quizzes, lunches and outdoor cinema, subsidised by the firm.
- Annual staff Christmas party with all food and drink paid for by the firm.
- Opportunity to get involved with community events and charity fundraising activities.
Our Staff Values
Our staff values are listed below. Even in difficult times (most recently, the pandemic) we have followed these every day.
- Create a positive, inclusive atmosphere to nurture genuine friendships between colleagues of all levels.
- Promote a healthy work-life balance and assist with each other’s workloads to ensure everyone’s time is managed effectively.
- Support good mental health and burnout prevention through wellness initiatives.
- Operate an open-door policy, so staff can discuss professional or personal issues with colleagues and managers.
- Provide technology and resources to enable staff to work comfortably, both in the office and from home.
- Offer support, training, and mentorship from colleagues who are experts in their fields.
- Outline a clear path for progression to enable all staff to build rewarding and sustainable long-term careers.
- Inspire staff to pursue relevant specialist qualifications to aid their professional development and achieve their career goals.
- Recognise and praise hard work and celebrate each other’s professional and personal successes.
- Encourage participation in charity, networking, social and community events.
I was made to feel so welcome when I joined and that’s carried on as long as I’ve been here. Everyone is so friendly and happy to help or answer any questions you have.
Sheryl Hartigan, Legal Secretary and Client Support, Commercial
You can find out about our latest staff activities and events by looking at our social media pages.
Connect with Us
If you think that Crane & Staples would be a good fit for the next stage in your career, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to have a private and honest chat with a member of our staff to find out about our firm, please do connect with any of the following team members on LinkedIn. They would be happy to talk to you and answer any questions you may have.
- Janet Martland – Senior Associate – Family and Children Law
- Katie Smits – Associate Solicitor – Wills, Trusts and Probate
- Sian Churchill – Senior Associate – Family and Children Law
- Natasha Khakhar – Senior Associate – Family and Children Law
I’ve been here now since mid-2019 and my career has flourished – all fully supported and encouraged by the partners and staff here. You are firmly made to feel part of the team from day one. When I’ve won my awards, it really has felt like a full firm celebration, which is wonderful. On top of the legal career benefits, we also do charity fundraisers, team-building activities, and social events all of which help build a nice feeling of camaraderie between the different departments.
Sian Churchill, Senior Associate, Family and Children Law