In the Community
We are proud to be based in Welwyn Garden City and enjoy supporting local community events and projects.
In recent years, we have been involved with:
- The Welwyn Garden City Centenary Celebrations, including sponsorship of the Centenary Garden.
- Events organised by the Welwyn Garden City BID, including the Christmas window trail, Christmas lights and Cinema on the Green.
- Sponsorship of awards, including the Best Business Women Awards.
- Sponsorship of events, including Dance Aid’s Party in the Paddock.
- Sponsorship of local football teams including the Welwyn Garden City Under 16s Typhoons and the Panshanger U10 Lions and U8 Pumas.
Charity and Fundraising
It is important for us to support local and national charities that are close to our hearts. Charities we have supported recently include:
- Eastern Legal and Welwyn Hatfield Citizens Advice Bureau in the Great Legal Bake
- Billable Hour
- Herts Domestic Abuse Helpline
- Herts Young Homeless Fire Walk
- MIND in Mid Herts
- Comic Relief
- Children in Need
- Garden House Hospice
- East and North Herts Hospitals’ Charity
- Willow Foundation
Our local legal community
We have a proud history of involvement with the local legal community. Our staff are members of the Hertfordshire Law Society, and both David Bird and Attia Hussain have been President of this society. We are also active in the Hertfordshire Junior Lawyers Division, where Sara Dobson is Vice Chair and Katie Smits and Amy Tapping are Social Secretaries.
Danielle Peters is on the committee and training officer for the local family lawyers organisation – Resolution, Hertfordshire. Janet Martland is a member of Resolution’s Legal Aid Committee.
Some of our staff are also members of specialist groups including Women in Family Law and the Society of Asian Lawyers.