I joined Crane & Staples in 2013 as Head of Employment and Dispute Resolution and was appointed as a Partner in April 2016.
I advise both businesses and individuals on all aspects of employment law and HR support including;
- Drafting business documents, including contracts of employment, staff handbooks, policies and agreements
- Drafting and advising on Settlement Agreements
- Advising on redundancy and dismissal processes, including disciplinary and grievance procedures and protected conversations
- Protecting business assets, such as confidential information and business contacts
- Restrictive covenants
- Representation in Employment Tribunal and Court cases
I also advise and act for clients in contentious probate/Inheritance Act claims, and debt recovery.
I head up a dedicated team that gives clear and practical legal advice with a minimum of jargon. We are committed to trying to resolve disputes in a fair and business-like manner, using mediation where possible.
I regularly present at networking groups and my latest presentation can be viewed in the video below.
Renting Out Private Properties
Outside the office
Away from work I like cycling and running, as well as supporting Arsenal.
Dear Michael, Thank you so much for all you have done. It is such a relief to have this all over and done with, life can move on now. Thank you for your persistence, wisdom and guidance over these last months.
Michael, Many thanks for sending through the final agreement below. Also, thank you so much for all your help in finalising the agreement and making this process so much easier for me, it is much appreciated.
Thank you so much for all your help explaining the processes to me, I really appreciate that you have taken the time to advise me. Should I ever know of anyone who needs an employment lawyer I will point them in your direction.