I joined the Family Team at Crane & Staples in May 2019. I became a Senior Associate Solicitor in April 2022.
I qualified as a solicitor in 2014, and since then I have specialised in Children Law and Domestic Abuse matters including:
- Representing parents, grandparents and other family members in care proceedings in cases involving allegations of non-accidental injuries, sexual abuse, domestic abuse, drug and alcohol misuse, neglect, mental health concerns, and lack of capacity, amongst others.
- Representing parents in contesting adoption applications.
- Representing prospective adopters in contested adoption applications.
- Representing parents in private law Children Act proceedings, including Child Arrangements Orders (previously contact and residence), Prohibited Steps Orders, Specific Issue Orders and Wardship.
- Assisting victims of domestic abuse and representing them in obtaining a Non-Molestation Order to protect them.
I am passionate about providing vulnerable clients the best representation available. I work with local support services to ensure that this happens. I am a member of Resolution which means I will try to resolve matters with an amicable approach wherever possible.
Memberships and Positions Held
I am a member of Resolution.
I am an Accredited Resolution Specialist in Private Law and Public Law Children Act matters.
- H-W (Children: Proportionality)  EWCA Civ 1451 (07 October 2021)
- S (A Child: Adequacy of Reasoning), Re  EWCA Civ 1845 (31 October 2019)
Outside the office
I love attending music concerts with my husband and ‘music’ concerts with friends and my sister. I am a sucker for punishment and enjoy true crime documentaries, and Drag Queen shows.
Sian Churchill – superb, knows her stuff. great client care.
Excellent solicitors have really helped me through the darkest time in my life. Great people and do their job spectacularly! Very happy and very confident with these fighting my corner.