I joined Crane & Staples in 2007 and qualified as a Solicitor in June 2009. In April 2018, I became a Partner in the Wills, Trust and Probate department.
I have a breadth of experience in all areas of private client work, including:
• Court of Protection applications, including statutory wills and gift applications, acting for both applicants and respondents.
• Administration of estates, including complex and high value estates.
• Preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney.
• Advising on elderly client matters.
• Preparation of Wills
• Advice regarding Inheritance Tax
• Declarations of Trusts concerning property ownership.
My sensitive, friendly and professional manner helps to reassure clients through potentially difficult times. I enjoy getting to know my clients and take pride in my personal approach to client care.
I am involved with the firm’s marketing and business development, and this gives me the opportunity to form close relationships with local charities and participate in community events.
I have also undergone training to become a Dementia Friend and this helps me to understand and support people with dementia.
• The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) – the association for solicitors who are recognised as experts in family inheritance and succession planning.
• Fully accredited member of Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE) – a national organisation of Solicitors who provide legal advice to older people.
Outside the office
I enjoy spending time with family and friends and walking our dog in all weathers!