Working With Us
There is a lot of support available regardless of your position within the firm. The partners are very approachable and are also flexible around the needs of the employees.
Tahir Nisar, Senior Associate, Wills, Trusts and Probate
We understand that working in law can be stressful and demanding, but is ultimately a highly rewarding career that, for many, is a dream job.
As a warm and friendly firm that serves a range of diverse clients from our local community, we put our team at the heart of everything we do. Investing in outstanding, enthusiastic, and ambitious people has ensured our success for over 80 years.
We recognise how passionate our staff are about helping their clients, developing their knowledge and upholding the rule of law. This is why we promote a workplace culture that helps our staff to learn, collaborate, succeed and, above all, love their jobs.
I have been working for Crane & Staples since 2007 – so that must tell you something! The Partners look after their staff and our wellbeing is of utmost importance to them. I feel extremely supported and have been given opportunities to progress and adapt my role over the years. Quite frankly I could never imagine working anywhere else.
Tracey Fenner, Senior Conveyancing Assistant
Our Staff Values
Our staff values are listed below. Even in difficult times (most recently, the pandemic) we have followed these every day.
- Create a positive, inclusive atmosphere to nurture genuine friendships between colleagues of all levels.
- Promote a healthy work-life balance and assist with each other’s workloads to ensure everyone’s time is managed effectively.
- Support good mental health and burnout prevention through wellness initiatives.
- Operate an open-door policy, so staff can discuss professional or personal issues with colleagues and managers.
- Provide technology and resources to enable staff to work comfortably, both in the office and from home.
- Offer support, training, and mentorship from colleagues who are experts in their fields.
- Outline a clear path for progression to enable all staff to build rewarding and sustainable long-term careers.
- Inspire staff to pursue relevant specialist qualifications to aid their professional development and achieve their career goals.
- Recognise and praise hard work and celebrate each other’s professional and personal successes.
- Encourage participation in charity, networking, social and community events.
I was made to feel so welcome when I joined and that’s carried on as long as I’ve been here. Everyone is so friendly and happy to help or answer any questions you have.
Sheryl Hartigan, Legal Secretary and Client Support, Commercial
Connect with Us
If you think that Crane & Staples would be a good fit for the next stage in your career, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Please contact us by email: email@example.com
If you would like to have a private and honest chat with a member of our staff to find out about our firm, please do connect with any of the following team members on LinkedIn. They would be happy to talk to you and answer any questions you may have.
- Attia Hussain – Senior Associate – Family and Children Law
- Janet Martland – Associate – Family and Children Law
- Katie Smits – Solicitor – Wills, Trusts and Probate
- Sara Dobson – Solicitor – Residential Conveyancing
- Sian Churchill – Associate – Family and Children Law
- Tahir Nisar – Senior Associate – Wills, Trusts and Probate
As staff it is nice to know we are highly thought of by the partners, as we will randomly receive thank you emails, biscuits in the post (yum!), and team-building activities – and these continued remotely during COVID so I never felt like I was isolated from the rest of the team.
Sian Churchill, Associate, Family and Children Law