Selling a Care Home Business: Blossom Group
Our specialist Commercial Property solicitor, Manish Patel, has acted for the care home group, Blossom Group, since 2017.
Over the last six years, he has assisted the business with the acquisition of numerous care homes in England.
Multi-million pound share sale of the group’s largest care home.
This high value, multifaceted transaction was a success due to the team driven, proactive, collaborative, and commercial approach taken by the parties involved:
- Crane & Staples LLP team, led by Manish Patel and David Hughes – acting for the seller, Blossom Group.
- King and Spalding LLP team, led by Amit Kataria – acting for the buyer, AgeCare UK.
- Dentons UK and Middle East LLP team, led by Simon Middleton and assisted by Nisa Patel and Adam Jones – acting for the lender.
- Weightmans LLP team advising AgeCare UK on the healthcare regulatory matters.
Manish and David advised on all property, business and corporate aspects of the share sale.
- Dealing with the buyer, AgeCare UK, and their lender’s extensive business and property due diligence;
- Advising our client on the warranties and undertakings;
- Review, negotiation and approval of the share purchase agreement and associated corporate documents.
Buying or selling a care home business
Buying or selling a care home business in England and Wales is an intricate legal process. It involves careful due diligence and disclosure, healthcare regulations, as well as detailed drafting and negotiation of the appropriate sale documentation, together with dealing with complex bank security documentation. These matters also involve dealing with regulatory bodies such as the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and the Local Authority.
If you are considering selling, purchasing, or refinancing a care home business, our expert business and commercial property solicitors would be pleased to assist you.
Please contact us on 01707 329333 or email email@example.com for assistance with buying, refinancing or selling a care home business.