I joined the Dispute Resolution team at Crane & Staples in May 2022. I have over 25 years of experience as a litigator, specialising in:
- Property and Contract Dispute Resolution
- Contentious Landlord & Tenant
- Leasehold Enfranchisement
- Disputed Probate
- Professional Negligence
- Intellectual Property Disputes
I have considerable expertise in contract disputes, property disputes – residential, commercial and Landlord & Tenant, contentious probate and professional negligence claims.
In the field of professional negligence, I specialise in pursuing claims against negligent solicitors, barristers, accountants, architects, surveyors and financial advisors.
I act on behalf of several UK Trade Unions and Work Associations including their members, Estate and Letting Agents, Management Companies and deal with Legal Expense Insurance Claims.
I undertake first-tier tribunal claims for residential lease extensions when not litigating cases in the County Court or High Court and I am no stranger to the Court of Appeal or the Supreme Court.
I also specialise in trademark applications, assignments, infringements and disputes including injunctions in the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court.
Recent transactions and cases
- Multi-residential lease extensions and freehold acquisitions including assignments under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993.
- First-tier tribunal (Property Chamber) applications and appeals for residential lease extensions, service charge disputes and land acquisitions.
- Multi-party vesting orders for non-cooperative and absent landlords.
- Rectification of Land Registry title registrations and boundary alterations.
- Possession and trespass orders in both County Court and High Court.
- Commercial Lease break clauses, forfeiture, dilapidations and renewal disputes under The Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
- Partnership and Company disputes via arbitrations, mediations and determinations by the court.
- Specific performance and interim relief (freezing orders) applications relating to building works, joint venture agreements and property transactions.
- Court determinations of Wills and challenges to Trusts (appeals), Inheritance (Provisions for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 and The Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 (TOLATA).
- Currency (Bitcoin) investment fraud and high value debt claims in the County Court and High Court.
- Breach of trust, fiduciary duty, contract, negligence, misrepresentation, misinvestment, fraud and equitable compensation and damages claims.
- Claims against solicitors including failure to register purchased property, erroneous transfers of property, failed lease extensions, loss of opportunity to receive damages by time debar, misappropriation of damages payments, under settlements, fees and cost challenges, prejudicial delay and breaches of regulatory compliance.
- I am a longstanding member of the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association (PNLA), you can view my profile here.
Outside the office
In my spare time, I embrace my wife dancing Tango through the night, flying on my wife’s planes exploring the world together (usually sit on the over wing exit so can swim to the shore just in case of an evacuation)! Exercise? Well… trying to work out on my stomach with her addictive, exquisite Persian food. At the moment competing with our Persian kitten as he comes before me!
I contacted Crane and Staples to gain advice regarding property insurance issues. I needed some clear advice given difficulties with a neighbouring property causing damage to my property. I spoke to Adrian Boulter who returned my call swiftly and provided clear, concise steps to getting my issue resolved. An excellent service I would recommend to all!